Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving, Decorating, and Baby Update!

We had a great Thanksgiving! We started the weekend before at The Abbott's in Bellville. It was wonderful seeing everyone, we had not been to Houston in a while. We had a great dinner of white lasagna, one of our favorites. Dinner was excellent and it was great having almost everyone there (we missed you Skye, Mark, and Julie!) I had to work the day of Thanksgiving, which was not that bad, thankfully it was slow! We enjoyed an amazing dinner that night at my parent's house. We decided not to brave any of the black Friday crowds, but my parents did and spent almost 3 hours in the line at Ralph Lauren!!

That weekend, we decorated the house for Christmas! I had already put the Christmas tree up a few weeks ago, I just couldn't wait! Chris and I put lights outside and finished everything inside! I'm curious how much those companies charge to decorate the outside of your house. I would love to have lights on the house next year! I'm too nervous to have Chris up on the ladder. He might get a little frustrated with this task as well, it might be better all around for someone else to do this :)





Yes, that is Sylvester and Tweety on my tree skirt, I need a new one :)

We had another doctors appointment this week. Everything looks great! Heart beat was 159. Next appointment will be December 27th. This will be the big one! We finally get to find out the gender, pray that baby cooperates!

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 15 weeks
Size of Baby: Naval Orange
Total weight gain/loss: 2lbs (I feel like it is more than this because my jeans are starting to get a little tight, but my doctor says it is just my body re-adjusting)
Maternity clothes: not yet, I did buy a few belly bands in prep for this
Gender: can't wait to find out Dec 27
Movement: I might be dreaming, but I think I started feeling the baby TODAY in church, felt like little flutters (books say this might be possible) YAY!
Sleep: I'm sleeping great, hopefully it stays that way
What I miss: can't think of anything
Cravings: chips and salsa, yum (Jill, this ones for you!)
Symptoms: just tired
Best moment this week: hearing the baby's heart beat

This weekend Chris headed to Canadian to hunt. I believe he had a successful trip and would love that I am posting this...




I stayed home and worked on Christmas gifts. I am making stockings for our nephews and it is taking a lot more time than I thought. But, I enjoy making them, it is a stress reliever. I am about 75% done with the 2nd one, should be done before Christmas! Since they are too young to check this blog, here is a picture of the first one...



This is what the dogs did all weekend...







Saturday night, we had a Christmas party for our Sunday school. It was a lot of fun. We had tons of amazing food and had a hilarious white elephant gift exchange. I ended up with a guide to the constitution, haha, thanks Amber and David! We ended the night playing a Christmas themed 100% Fun, it was a blast, thanks Kellie and Marty for teaching us this game.


Hope everyone has a great week!












1 comment:

  1. yay chips and salsa!! haha, that is awesome...love that you are hearing dec 27! i thought it wouldn't be until later, so im getting excited!

    ReplyDelete