Sunday, January 23, 2011

Chris' 26th Birthday, Nursery Update

Wednesday was Chris' birthday! Overall, it was a great day! I had the day off and he went to work late, so we had some quality time watching morning TV together. That afternoon, I went to pick up Chris' cake at his favorite "ice cream" place, Freddy's Frozen Custard. When I got home, I went to put the cake in our deep freeze and when I opened the freezer an overwhelming smell took me out! Our freezer had been out for some time, but we had no idea (it is in the garage and the smell was contained until I openend it). I could not handle the smell, so I had to wait until Chris got home to do something about it. Poor thing, on his birthday, he tried to get rid of the food the best he could. I wish I had a video because it was kinda funny, he would take some food out and put it in the trash bag, then he would run out to the drive way and catch his breath. We figured out the freezer did not go out, it was the breaker on the plug!

That night, we went to Half Shells, one of our favorite seafood places. We met our good friends, The McCradys and my parents. Then we came back to our house and had cake and opened presents!

The cake, it was turtle, yummmm


















We have been working on our nursery. So far, we have all the furniture in, I just need to pick out fabric for the bedding. Here are a few pictures....
Chris putting the crib together.



The final product, gotta love Pottery Barn Kids, it is beautiful!

Caney helping!



The changing table and the shelf we got for Christmas. We got the chest from Chris' parents a few years ago, and it is perfect!


A new basket, probably for diapers.

A book shelf, I just got the baskets today! We are going to make liners to match his bedding.



We are going to keep the queen bed in the room for late nights and guests! Wish we had another room for a guest room, but we are making it work! Everything fits comfortably, I just wish we had room for a rocker. We will probably put one in our room for the early weeks.
I am almost 23 weeks now, feeling great! We got a video camera this week and we are learning how to use it. I caught him moving on video last night, after I figure out how to download the video, I will try and upload it!
I'm going to leave you all with a funny video! We recently discovered that Caney is scared of drawstrings on pants!



No comments:

Post a Comment