Monday, March 14, 2011

Jill's Bachelorette Party and 29 weeks!

Here I am at 28 weeks!



How far along: 28 weeks
Size of baby: Eggplant, about 2 pounds
Maternity clothes: pants are maternity, making most everything else work
Gender: boy, Case Christopher!
Movement: he is moving more and more, the movements are getting stronger, and he has hiccups a few times a day!
Sleep: some sleepless nights, but mostly no problems, I had a dream the other night I came home from work and he was here already!
Cravings: nothing unusual
Symptoms: growing stomach, swollen ankles (after a long day)
Best moment this week: going to the doc, hearing his heart, doc reports everything is on track

Last weekend, I headed out to El Paso for Jill's bachelorette party weekend! We chose the location because Jill is in med school in El Paso. The city was great, I had no idea how close it was to Mexico, a little scary but we felt safe the whole time we were there.

Friday, we flew in to El Paso, 2 of us from Dallas, 1 from Indiana, and 1 from Seattle! When we checked in to the hotel the girls threw me a wonderful baby shower! How sweet! We won't get to see each other again before Case comes and this was a great way to celebrate.



Adorable cake! Love how his name is on the blocks!



The diaper cake Jill made, so cute!






Thanks guys, what a great baby shower!

We had 2 rooms, one was "baby shower" one was "bachelorette party"


Gifts for Jill!


Jill's sash, Soon to be Mrs. Sanford!


Saturday, we all went to lunch and then enjoyed a mani/pedi. Most of the salon's were booked for the 5 of us to get our nails done together so we went to the beauty school! They did a great job, but we were there for 3 hours! It was an interesting experience, my nail person could not get the hang of where her body should be in proportion to mine, and I felt like my foot was in her face the whole time, poor thing! We then went to the store to get the girls wine for the limo, we all got carded, even myself after indicating to the sales person I would not be drinking, clearly pointing out my bump! We went back to the hotel and had a lingerie party!
Getting the bride ready for her honeymoon!

The plate Sarah and I got her! Sarah and Jill made me one when I got married, Jill and I did the same for Sarah and now Sarah and I got one for Jill. What makes this one extra special is that Sarah painted this one! She did an amazing job, it is beautiful!


Follow the bachelorette, on the way to the limo!


Sara (Jill's sister) and Jill in the limo, on the way to The Garden


We went to eat dinner at The Garden, it was wonderful!


Me, Jill, Sarah (Jill and I met as sorority sisters, Sarah and I met in nursing school and we all 3 lived together our senior year)


Nicole, Jill, Sarah


After dinner, all of Jill's med school friends met us at the adjoining bar. It was nice meeting everyone! After that, we rode around in the limo and had a great time!

We met back up with some of Jill's friends at another bar after the limo ride. What a fun night! Here is a pic of Jill and I on the way home, Jill still partying, but still loving Case!





















































































































1 comment: